The City of Bonita Springs currently has the following open position:
CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
Under the supervision of the Code Enforcement Supervisor, responsible for upholding and enforcing codes and ordinances established to protect the public health, safety, and welfare of all residents, business owners and visitors. Educates the public about codes and ordinances to obtain voluntary compliance. Investigates all incoming complaints from the general public.
- Investigates initial complaints from citizens, other departments, media, or others and creates a case file if one is not already assigned by administrative staff
- Investigates and enforces city laws and ordinances
- Works and communicates with all city departments, many local, county and state agencies, residents, business owners and visitors
- Manages assigned area of the city through proactive patrols to detect violations, problems, or blighted locations
- Obtains and secures evidence of violations
- Determines and prioritizes reoccurring problem locations and formulates solutions and plans of action
- Creates case files for self-initiated complaints
- Manages cases through investigation, research, documentation, communication and enforcement; refers cases to other agencies if needed
- Prepares cases for presentation at hearings
- Defends cases in county court
- Inspects rental properties with property owner or agent and notes violations in case file
- Ensures work is done with proper permits (building, fences, electric etc.) and enforces permit issues dealing with special outside events and signage
- Researches Land Development codes and zoning ordinances and standards in order to enforce the proper use of a property
- Provides assistance to residents when needed; provides contact list of county services, phone numbers, contacts, etc.
- Issues warning/citations
- Responsible and accountable for city equipment to include city vehicles, cell phones, portable radios, badges, and other equipment used for special assignments
- Re-inspects infractions for abatement and compliance
High school diploma/GED required; one or more years’ experience in code/ordinance compliance inspections in the area of building constructions, zoning, or property maintenance preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience.
- Florida Association of Code Enforcement (F.A.C.E.) Fundamentals of Code Enforcement (Level I) certification required
- Possession of a valid State of Florida driver’s license required
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of City ordinances regarding zoning regulations, codes, procedures and land use requirements
- Knowledge of evidence preparation, affidavits, and statements for court proceedings
- Ability to work effectively with the public, media, contractors, and state and local agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Salary Range starts: $30,400
Mail or fax applications with attached resume to Human Resources, City of Bonita Springs, 9101 Bonita Beach Road, Bonita Springs, FL 34135. Drug tests and extensive background checks required. Positions open until filled. Phone: (239) 949-6262; Fax: (239) 949-6251.
Click here for Application-2014
Please note that we only accept resumes and applications for currently open positions.